Veteran’s Licence Plate Application
To get a Veteran Licence Plate you must complete the following:
- Complete the Application below;
- Attach a copy of proof of service with the application (Copy of Record of Service Card, copy of Certificate of Service, copy of discharge paper, MPRR); and
- Mail completed form with proof of service and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the address listed.
SECTION 3 is to be completed only by Provincial Command. The Executive Director will verify proof of service, sign and date the application and stamp the application with the Newfoundland and Labrador Command Seal. The application will then be returned to the Veteran by mail. The Veteran must then bring the approved application to Motor Registration to receive the Veteran Licence Plate.
Veteran’s in Newfoundland and Labrador can avail of an additional 10% discount for passenger vehicle registration.
For the purpose of this discount, a Veteran is any person who has honourably:
- served in the Armed Forces of Canada, the Commonwealth or its wartime allies, for a minimum of three years (may still be serving);
- served in the Merchant Navy or Ferry Command during wartime;
- served as a regular member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police;
- served in a theatre of war with the Armed Forces of Canada, the Commonwealth or its wartime allies;
- performed NATO service or Peacekeeping mission(s) with the Armed Forces of Canada;
- serves as a Peace Officer in a Special Duty Area, or on a special duty operation; or
- has provided verification that is acceptable to the registrar.
To apply for the veterans discount you must submit documentation that verifies your eligibility. Acceptable documentation includes:
- Copy of NDI75 card
- Certificate of Service
- Military Personnel Record Resume (MPRR)
- RCMP Record of Service Card
- Any other official document that verifies your service
Documentation can be submitted via email to email@example.com
Please include your name, driver’s licence number and vehicle plate number.